Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My Mission

The Holy Spirit has been working on me for a while to prepare me to answer my calling.  Through a series of divine interventions, I know that I have found my ministry, passion and purpose.   I am still working as a tax accountant during the day, I don’t feel God has equipped me to leave YET, but I have no problems burning the midnight oil, watering this seed that God has entrusted in my care.  Praise God for a company called Trades of Hope! 


In 2010, a couple of ladies and their daughters in Florida founded Trades of Hope, a business using the home party model to sell “fair trade” products from around the world to help women out of poverty.  The products, beautiful I might add, are hand-made and profits goes directly to the artisans.  This company has empowered so many women to rise above their circumstances and create opportunities to change their lives.  Ladies who make beads in Haiti are feeding, clothing & schooling their children.  My beautiful sister in Uganda who is stricken with AIDS is affording medical care through her craft.  The stories go on.  These real women who once told of despair, now is telling a story of hope.  Entire communities are seeing life changing benefits. 

I have joined with Trades of Hope as a Compassion Entrepreneur.  I market these artisans' beautiful items and by doing so, I am a voice for these women.  I am also able to share the Gospel of Christ, share importance of fair trade and share the opportunity for women just like me to make a real difference in the world.

I am so excited and terrified at the same time of fulfilling my Mission.  I must go forward knowing that He will "equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Hebrews 13:21

Blessings,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment