Thursday, August 30, 2012

Little Glory Moments...

So, yesterday, like so many other days, I had plans for my lunch break.  Two errands to run across town from each other.  Of course I started out with a traffic back-up.  What?!!  Not today.  I didn't even have time to eat lunch much less to deal with traffic. Oh well, I made it through utility work and made a quick drop-off and on to my next appointment.  But, just as I got back on the street and was cruising along, stopped again, because this time I came across a traffic accident. Ugh!  I picked up my phone, almost in a panic, trying to decide a way to squeeze productivity out of this time.  Would I be stopped long enough to make a couple quick texts or respond to an email?  Is there anyone I have forgotten to return their call?  As those thoughts raced through my mind, I was calculating the minutes left of my dwindling hour.  But, instead of letting my frustration rise, I just calmed down.  I started thinking about how, in the busyness of my life, I rarely have free occasions.  I mean totally FREE.  Of course I was driving and needed to concentrate on traffic, but I didn't have a baby or toddler in the backseat.   I didn't have a teenager beside me.  I should totally relax and relish this moment.  AHHH.  Refreshing.  A little nugget of quiet time with God.  Time to spend praising Him and glorifying Him.  How awesome .   As we slowly rolled passed the wreck, I saw that it was just a mere fender bender both parties were standing beside their vehicles okay.  I started to think, Why didn't they just pull over into the vacant parking lot instead of blocking a lane of traffic?!!  Wait- those were the wrong thoughts, if they had pulled over I would have just kept cruising along.  I stopped myself, said a little prayer and thanked God for that teachable moment.   A little moment when I just took a needed break from life to give Him glory..... 

When is your little glory moments?  I would love for you to share them with me below. 

Blessings,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment